There are many types of therapeutic massage in which I am trained, and which can suit your needs, each with differing benefits:
- Relaxation massage, often just referred to as "Swedish Massage"
- Deep Tissue Massage, which accesses deeper structures in the tissues and is great for working out knots and painful areas
- Connective Tissue Massage, also referred to as "Myofascial" massage or "Fascia Work" which targets the tissues around and in the muscles which can cause pain and reduce movement
- Neuromuscular Therapy, also known as Trigger Point Therapy or Trigger Point Massage
- Acupressure, finger-pressure applied to points in the Chinese Medicine system of energy meridians and flows
- Lymphatic Massage helps reduce lymphedema and assists the lymphatic system in clearing wastes from the tissues. I am trained in full-body lymphatic drainage techniques.
- Massage for people during and after treatment for cancer. This is very skilled and highly specialized work. Cancer treatments change the physiology of the body permanently; the massage therapist must be very knowledgeable about anatomy and about the effects of various treatment modalities in order to work with the body's new limitations, some of which may include an altered lymphatic system and capacity, and tissues altered and damaged by radiation.